Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Let the countdown begin!

Hello!

"Breaking the Rules" is exactly one week away from its release day!  I'm beyond excited to share this book with you.  As it is my first published novel, I'm filled with excitement, anticipation, and a little fear :)

To start the official countdown to release day, I thought I'd release a little snippet each day of some of my favorite parts of the book.  Just a little teaser to get you excited to get to know Morgan and Drake. Today's teaser is just a small glance into Morgan and Drake's first meeting.

Enjoy!
L.K. Lewis



“Miss Lane, I presume?” A velvety smooth, low voice meets my ears, standing the hairs on the back of my neck on end. The words come from the doorway of a previously closed office and I spin slowly on my Prada heel and find that a sexy baritone voice isn’t the only appealing thing about its owner. I glance up and see the most beautiful man walking towards me. A custom tailored black suit adorns his tall, broad shouldered frame. Dark brown eyes meet my gaze, as a small smile crosses his face.

“I’m Drake Baylor. Your father has said some wonderful things about you. I hope you can live up to the hype. Let’s get acquainted in my office, shall we?” he says in a direct “all business” tone.

I’m completely thrown. This is my father’s golf buddy? If I had known I’d be hitting the links with such a beautiful man every weekend, I would have taken the sport up ages ago as my father suggested!

I follow Drake into his office, taking a seat in a comfortable leather chair across from his desk. Just looking at Drake, I know I’m in trouble. How am I supposed to get any work done when it is already so easy to fantasize about his gorgeous brown eyes and chiseled jawline? Oh how I’d love to know how it feels to have his pouty lips on me . . . all of me. What it must feel like to run my fingers through his dark brown hair, and down his sculpted shoulders and back. Dammit, my career is over before it got started.  

2 comments: